Vet Rescues This Kitten From A Shelter, Then Nearly Faints When She Sees This Inside His Ear


Yikes! Warning: The footage in this video is graphic and may be disturbing for some viewers.


Dr. Karri from Vet Ranch got a litter of kittens from the shelter because they had some eye troubles. As she was examining one of the feral kittens, she noticed a hole on the side of his head. Once she realized what was causing the hole, she knew she had to take care of it right away!


The kitten had a Cuterebra, a parasite living in a hole in his head! The parasite comes from an adult botfly. When the botfly eggs hatch, the larvae attach to the skin and hair of the host. Outdoor cats are more likely to catch this parasite.


Happily, Dr. Karri was able to remove the parasite, and the kitty has fully recovered! All of the kittens rescued were put up for adoption, and many have found forever homes! 

Share this with your family and friends

Featured Video Of Today